Those of you that know Jaylyn, know that she is a girl with many fears. They say you shouldn't say in front of your fearful child that they are shy, etc. So, I think I am just going to say God has given her a "cautious spirit". Well, the dentist experience has been one of those that she has been unsure about. I have taken her a couple times, but she has never allowed them to touch her teeth. Although, she did let them look. Well, it has been a while and now that she has gotten a little older, she is doing better at trying some things. She does try to be brave. :) So, we tried again. I told her if she could be brave with getting shots that hurt, she could be brave at the dentist since it doesn't hurt. Poor girl was very nervous and kept getting tears in her eyes thinking about it. She just kept trying to wipe them away. On the way there, she told me she could not stop thinking about the dentist! She made sure I went first and asked over and over again what the hygentist was doing and how she was NOT going to do that to her, just mommy. She would not sit or take her eyes off what the hygentist was doing to me. It was pretty comical. But, we joked with her and she seemed to be doing okay. One thing was for sure, they were not going to put that "Poky Thing" in her mouth! She repeatedly mentioned that one!!! That poor hygentist is going to be answering Jaylyn's questions in her sleep now. But, when it was her turn, she got in the chair (the princess throne) and let her polish her teeth. Although, she was worried it would tickle too much on the top teeth, so she would only let them polish the bottom. :) But, she did it and did fine and knows now that it doesn't hurt. It was quite an afternoon!



2 comments:
This post made me cry because I know just how "my princess" feels! You tell her that Nana is sooooo proud of her! She is making great progress!
Love
Nana
I meant to ask how it went. Who can blame Jaylyn, the dentist makes me want to cry! They sure look cute!
Post a Comment