Wednesday, September 2, 2009

School and Potty

Just an update for our first week and a half of homeschool venture. Things are going well. Jaylyn is enjoying herself and learning lots. Here is a picture of her playing one of our phonics games.

I am very proud of how well she is working on everything. We will pray it continues. :)

She is playing "Whack the Sound". She definitely had fun with that!

The other exciting adventure we added this week was potty training. Adley has been ready for quite a while, but we are a family on the go and that makes it difficult to be serious about training without dealing with lots of messes. And, being pregnant and preparing for the baby and school - let's just say, I was not up for it. But, she has been going on her own off and on, so I could not wait any longer. So, busy or not, we had to get serious while she still has some interest. Monday, she did okay. (Don't worry Grandma, the grapes were not a problem! ha!) Tuesday was a hectic day where we were out a lot and had to stick with pullups which don't really work to train her. But, today was success! She was sick of the pull-ups and ready to stay dry. And she did! We will see how the night and rest of the week goes. Hooray!

She said, "are you going to take a picture of me going potty?"
Of course! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH ADLEY - I knew she could do it! I'm so glad that the grapes were not a problem - that was alot of grapes!!!! So proud of Jaylyn to - you must be a great teacher - at both phonics and potty training!!! LOL

Love
Nana

Anonymous said...

That has to be the cutest potty picture I've ever seen! (Although I am pretty sure my mom has one of Amber lying around somewhere!)
Amanda