Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year

As with everyone else, I just can't believe that it is the new year already. 2010!! Aren't we supposed to be flying around like the Jetson's by now? :-)

Here are some of the things we have been up to since Christmas. Besides Jaylyn's birthday. . .

This is Adley getting ready to go out and play when we got a little bit of snow right after Jaylyn's birthday.

Jaylyn's ready too!

Not much to play with out there. But, Daddy and Jaylyn enjoyed a short snowball table hockey game.

Leighton continues to try new foods and learn about using a cup.

Licking and biting the cup is the most fun.

Hmmmmm, what do I do with this?

Mavery and Adley enjoying their late night on New Year's Eve. They have a lot of fun together.

We are also back to school!

Jaylyn wanted to wear her Kindergarten Rocks shirt from Malaine to start back. She really is doing great! I enjoy hearing her read. And, I think she will be loosing her third tooth soon. She now has a top tooth that is pretty loose. I'm sure she will continue to work on that tooth until it is ready to come out. Also, today, she reached a fun gymnastics milestone - a back bend kick over all by herself!

Adley likes to do "school" too. She is really anxious to do preschool next year. She loves puzzles. Here she is doing some fun pattern boards. After watching her "letter factory" video she has been talking more about letter sounds. The funniest is when she talks about the sounds the letters make and always adds, "And Hay is for horses!". Another funny comment from her the other day was after she continued to eat all of the broccoli I had fixed for supper and went to apologize to Jaylyn (who doesn't care for broccoli), "Sorry I ate all of the broccoli, Jaylyn. Sorry!"

I also got a fun new vinyl wall quote from Shannon for Christmas. We got it up in the kitchen over the windows above the sink. Cute!

Leighton is also sitting up. Not quite stable yet, but enjoying this view of her toys.

Fun, fun!

I am also in a very crafty mood right now. Here is one item I put together from items in my basement. :-) I will have to put a post together another day with all of my projects I have started. Although, my family might wish I was working a little more on that never-ending laundry. Ugh!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Great pictures! Maybe they will be able to play in the new snow today!

Anonymous said...

Aww - they are just as cute in 2010as they were in 2009!!! I love the wreath that you made - can't wait to see your other projects!

Love ya
Nana

Shannon said...

Was hoping you would post the wreath. Very cute, you did a good job!