We are enjoying ancient history this year. Our history curriculum has some fun hands-on activities to go along with our studies, but I was also pleased to see some neat ancient art lessons in the art book I use with Jaylyn from time to time. So, during our week we were discussing pyramids, we were able to complete the lesson about pyramid wall art. We went to the upstairs hallway so it seemed a little more like a passageway in a pyramid, hung up some paper and let them create their own masterpiece. Jaylyn was to try out oil pastels to draw with and we used a chalk line to make a grid on their paper like the Egyptians did for their wall art. As usual, Jaylyn got into this creative kind of activity. She worked hard to create her art and then wanted to keep going. She did three big art pieces while Adley actually joined in with two. I think they would have kept going! Then Jaylyn began giving pretend “tours” of their passageway. :-)
Egyptian artists at work
Working away!
Leighton wants to do art too! Hooray for the cap being on that marker!
Working on the details
Leighton and I had to play a bit while they were being creative
Cheese!
1 comment:
I wanna be in your class! Looks like a lot of fun!
Post a Comment