Some days just don't go as planned. Actually for me, I'm not sure any day goes as planned. We did actually accomplish school today despite two of three messy diapers being bright green (apparently blue slushies can cause that - hee hee) and Leighton swallowing a glass bead and now awake from nap early. She is crazy with putting things in her mouth and this time it went down. All is well so far. So, my plans of updating the blog with something more exciting like Christmas pictures or something, now have been replaced by a post about green poop and a soon-to-come diaper with a blue bead in the poop. Nice, huh? You are welcome.
Actually, these kinds of things are totally normal (and pretty minor compared to those with even more "enthusiastic" children - ha!) and I am daily reminded of how blessed we have been. There are a lot of horrible things going on in lives around us. Please pray for one of my friends that I grew up with. She lost her husband last week and I know she has faced many difficult life experiences before that. She has two daughters, middle school and high school. I am desperately praying for her to experience the comfort only the Lord can give.
So, as for wiping up numerous spills in a day, and being on the phone with the doctor to talk about swallowed beads, and being interrupted a hundred times a day to answer absurd questions I don't really understand, I say "Oh, well". Praise the Lord for the very breath we breathe and the moments that we have with our loved ones to clean up after and interrupt our plans.
No comments:
Post a Comment