Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Piano Recital

I finally scheduled a recital for my piano students. It has been a while and there is ALWAYS something that makes it not a convenient time to schedule one. So, I decided I better just have it or we may never have one! I have seven students, but one wasn't able to participate. (And, actually, my number of students is already changing - one decided to quit and I have one starting next week and 2 more possible students.) Anyway, all of them did well. They all played two pieces. I let most of them pick pieces they have played and enjoyed. My oldest student, Nicole, has played for almost 8 years. One piece that she played was a Sonatina by Muzio Clementi that she played for a high school music competition. (By the way, she received a superior. Yeah, Nicole!) Another of my older students, Shelby, has played for quite a while. She is really into composing her own pieces, so she played a couple of those. They were very nice. Sara H. is one of the next oldest students. She is always finding new pieces that she wants to play. She wanted to play "Music Box Dancer" because it was one of her grandparent's favorites. Then there is Sydney who has really been enjoying learning to play by chords and learning some fun praise songs. So, she played a couple of those. I also had two almost brand new students. Rebecca and Timothy have only been playing for a couple months. They were both nervous, but did a great job. Rebecca did a great job playing a couple beginner favorites. One of them was "Ode to Joy". Timothy also played a couple beginner favorites, one of them being a not-so-favorite of parents, "The Indian Song". So, here we are after they survived their recital. Great job guys!

No comments: