Monday, September 21, 2009

Leighton is Three Months Old

I have been a bit busy and have had no energy to post. :) But, Leighton did turn three months old this week! I can't believe it! We have an appointment to get her pictures taken on Thursday, so you will be seeing some of those soon. We will also get the other girl's annual pictures. Should be fun! ha!

Today, I put Leighton down to go to sleep and she usually cries after a bit and then goes to sleep. Well, today she was doing her, "I'm still crying come rescue me!" cry. When I got in there, she had rolled over on her belly! Oh, we really aren't supposed to be to that phase yet, are we???? I noticed yesterday that she was really rolling on her side pretty far when she would try to sleep. It was like she was after her pacifier that was beside her face. It reminded me a lot of a dog trying to chase his tail! So, today, she made it all the way over. And she did it again during her nap. And then this evening she was playing on the floor while I put the girls to bed and I came down to find her mad and on her belly. I am so looking forward to rescuing her from her belly all the time now until she can figure out how to go back. Fun times ahead!

Other things about her at 3 months. . . *She really focuses on everything and can get distracted from eating because her sisters are being so silly right next to her * She is still being smothered with love from them * She is pretty calm and does a pretty good job when we are out and about *She LOVES to smile and talk a lot *She is getting some pretty good size thighs * She still loves her fishy friends in her bouncy seat and her other toys that hang for her to see *She has scooted down to the bottom of the crib every time I go in to get her after she sleeps. *She is so much fun!

Here is how I found her after tucking the other girls in. I of course let her fuss while I got the camera. :) Although, she looks fine in the picture.

2 comments:

Amber said...

She just wanted to see those cute critters on that quilt...gotta roll over for that!

Anonymous said...

Yeap, it's official - she's a keeper!!! Can't wait to see her pictures - my wall is not complete until she is on it!

Love
Nana