Thursday, January 21, 2010

Horse Party

We just finished up the older girl's horse birthday party last weekend. I think it turned out a success. Horses everywhere, friends and family, cake and ice cream, and presents! Woohoo!

Here are some pics:
First of all, my mixer died the night before the party before I was finished making the icing. One of the beaters stopped working, so I kept going with just one, but that didn't last long. Thankfully, TJ was willing to drive to his mom's late in the fog to borrow hers. :-)

Here are the horses before:

white cake

strawberry cake

Cake table

Horse after:

Jaylyn picked the white cake with her favorite cream cheese icing.
Adley's was the strawberry cake also with their favorite cream cheese icing.

And you have to have some chocolate cupcakes (filled with cream cheese icing of course!)

"Happy Birthday to you!" Adley suddenly turned into Jaylyn while everyone was singing.

I think Jaylyn has now grown out of her "I am too embarrassed to look at anyone while they are singing to me" phase.

Presents!

And to top it off, you have to have a Tritzi in your treat bags!! :-)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Aw! What a fun day! Thanks for letting me be a part of it! Love you all!