Monday, August 9, 2010

Butterfly House

After the 4th of July we headed to the Butterfly House with Malaine.  The girls had fun.  I had not been there before.  I don’t know why it took us so long to go. 

DSC_3051Here we are!

DSC_3054Uh, girls – that giant caterpillar is eating you!

DSC_3061Fun to climb on too! 

DSC_3063This was a disgusting cockroach exploring dome.  Yuck!!  There were way too many roaches crawling around in there.

DSC_3068One of the favorite of the butterflies we saw.  The girls squealed a lot while the butterflies were flying by them.  I carried Adley.  She was a little freaked out and may have possibly kicked a butterfly that came by her.  Eek!  You are not supposed to touch them at all.  

DSC_3087In the garden

DSC_3088Checking out the map

DSC_3090I’m not sure what this look is.  It reminds me of the “Whatchu talkin bout Willis?” look.  :-)

DSC_3091Adley in the garden

DSC_3092Jaylyn
DSC_3094Malaine

DSC_3096Butterfly bench

DSC_3108Silly girls  (They look like they could be sisters, right?)

DSC_3101Leighton on the bench. 

We wanted to go to the carousel, but it was closed that day.  Bummer.  We did enjoy a quick play time at the nice playground there.  I am loving these parks that now have the giant umbrellas and perfectly planted shade trees for the parents.  How genius and kind.  :-)

No comments: