Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 9

Well, for those who have still not heard the news and did not read number 100 from my 100 things about me post, we are expecting baby #3! Of course, we are very excited. Adley has no clue, but Jaylyn is VERY excited. And look out baby, because Jaylyn is Miss Mother Hen to the max! I'm sure Adley will appreciate someone else taking the brunt of the bossiness. Amazingly, Jaylyn has been talking about this one being a "brother". We will see! We certainly are just concerned with a healthy baby. T.J. teases that we will try until we get a boy. Ha! I'm thinking, you know what happens to those that decide they will try till they get the other - you end up with like 12 girls! The other thing I KNOW our family is very excited about, is the fact that this is yet another child right in the midst of everyone else's birthday AND Christmas fun. Jaylyn was due Dec. 23rd and was forced out on the 29th. Adley hit right before Thanksgiving on Nov. 17th. Now this one is due right in between the other two - Dec. 12th. I mean really, this one wouldn't want to be left out of the chaos, right? The other bit of baby drama that I'm still a little bitter about is that when I went for my "what we thought should be my 8 week checkup", we discovered that I was only about 6 weeks along. Ugh! Moving backwards in pregnancy is NO fun! So, I went back in 2 weeks to make sure everything was fine and that I was just one of those that doesn't fit in their "average" estimations. We saw the baby had definitely grown and was measuring right along with the "adjusted" due date. So, here I am just now arriving at 9 weeks when I was thinking by now I should be 11. Oh well, the baby will come when it is the right time. So, the other question that I'm asked all the time is, "How are you feeling?" Well, any mother in their first trimester is VERY tired. I don't really like that part whatsoever. I'm sure my family doesn't appreciate it either. :) I have also been a little nauseous. It kind of just comes and goes off and on, so not enough to really complain. I wasn't really nauseous with the other two either, but this time does seem to be a little more. So, as everyone says, "It could be a boy this time." You just never know. The other question I'm asked is, "Will you find out what it is?". And my answer is, "Absolutely, yes!" I really cannot stand waiting to find out and I'm always nervous that they won't be able to tell. I love being able to start bonding a little better (not that you can't bond when you don't know!) and being able to use their name and just feel prepared. When I was pregnant with Adley, I enjoyed being able to talk to Jaylyn about it being a girl and us being able to call her by name. And for those that think it takes the surprise out of it all, I say - well, I am certainly surprised when they tell me what I'm having! It is just a little earlier than when the baby is coming out. And then there is the question about whether I have names ready. The answer is, No. I might have a couple names rolling around in my head, but nothing I'm ready to share. I also think it is a waste of energy to dwell too much on figuring out a boy AND a girl name, when I will really only need one. :) So, I kind of like to wait a bit. Is that lazy? So, there it is - everything you ever wanted to know about my first nine weeks.

Here is our first ultrasound when we discovered I was not so far.
We were surprised to see such a tiny baby! For those not used to looking at ultrasounds, the baby is the very small spot between the white measurement marks in the middle. Tiny!

Here we are, finally at 8 weeks. You can see a noticeable difference in size! So, you can imagine the surprise at the last ultrasound when the baby was so small. It is always a wonderful blessing to be able to peek inside and see that precious little life and that heartbeat fluttering. God is amazing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look so tiny. I'm so excited for you!! Can't wait to hear if it is girl or a boy.

Anonymous said...

Exciting! I can't wait to meet the little guy or girl!
Amber

Shannon said...

Our house seems to believe it is a boy also, we can't wait to see! And if it is a girl? They DO have boys in china, I promise!