I came across a blog that does "Muffin Tin Monday". I have seen Menu Planning Monday. All these moms post their menu plans for the week and you can click and see links to a lot of their recipes. It is fun to find something new and see what everyone else is eating for dinner! Anyway, this muffin tin thing is a take on "Bento boxes". But, the muffin tin approach is a lot easier. So basically it is lunch in a muffin tin. It is fun for the kids and gives them a chance to explore some new foods that might not ordinarily eat. So, each week, this blogger posts pictures of other people's muffin tin meals. They have different themes, etc. It looks fun. So, check it out at
Sycamore Stirrings. I know my girls will love this idea! These two pics below are posts from other moms and what they put in their muffin tins.


Today Jaylyn and I made some of our own cereal bars. My girls are into cereal bars right now for breakfast. And, by the way, they are nice and easy for me. But, I came across some recipes to make my own. Maybe save a little money. They smell delicious. I haven't cut them into bars or tasted them yet. I will have to report whether the girls give them a thumbs up or down. These were
Banana Cereal Bars. TJ doesn't think they are going to make it until breakfast. :)

The pink and purple in the backdrop is the craft project Jaylyn wanted to do yesterday. We were putting glue on heart shapes to make a mobile kind of thing. And sprinkled them with pink and purple decor. Well, Adley found it on the kitchen table this morning. Since I didn't have glitter, we had just decorated the hearts with candy sprinkles for cookies. :) So, I found a couple hearts all clumped up and wet on the tray. I guess she tried to eat the sprinkles. At least they were partially edible. Nice, huh?

Ok, in the middle of my post TJ was downstairs, so we cut them into bars and sampled one. They were pretty good! I'm going to have to hide them or something.
1 comment:
You've inspired me to try to be alittle more active at being creative with my children!
Post a Comment