Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Jaylyn and I have been counting down the days to all of these fun events that happen this time of year. We have a lot of family birthdays right in the middle of these holidays, so we have had a lot of counting to do. Now, Jaylyn is excited we have almost reached Thanksgiving. We started a thankfulness tree at the beginning of November and have tried to think of one thing each day to write on a leaf and hang on our tree. She has had a lot of fun with that. She of course listed her family, friends, teachers, etc. and did not forget wonderful things like princesses or care bears and many things like that. Hee hee. I kept trying to tell her that she needed to think of "real" things to be thankful for and then I just gave up. After all, I'm sure preschool girls really ARE thankful for princesses.

I had her pose by her tree wearing her "indian garb" from preschool. Apparently they did indian dances and everything. I felt bad that she missed some of the other fun fall/Thanksgiving activities because she was sick. But, I am thankful that now they are both well.

Anyway, we too must remember to give thanks for the many blessing we have. There are many more things to be thankful for than can fit on any tree! "Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever." Psalm 107:1
"Happy Thanksgiving"

"Happy Thanksgiving!"

No comments: