We have a new children's director at our church now, Jenny Auld. She was able to jump in right away and get our first Trunk or Treat organized. We had a great turn out and it was a lot of fun. Everyone decorated the trunk of their vehicle and the community was invited to come and walk from trunk to trunk to get candy. There was also games, face painting, free snacks and hot chocolate. I think Jaylyn had a blast and the adults had a pretty good time also.
Shannon and I talked Diana and Debbie into "coordinating" our trunks. Shannon's kids were pirates and mermaids and I had a bumblebee and Tinkerbell. So, we went with a Neverland theme. Shannon did her trunk as Pirate's Cove, Diana had Mermaid Lagoon, Debbie had the Indian Camp, and I had Pixie Hollow where the fairies live. (and with all the flowers in Pixie Hollow, you need a bumblebee!) So, it all fit together quite nicely. I don't think anyone figured out our "connection" without us telling them, but it was fun to do anyway! We tried to talk T.J. into being Peter Pan. I'm sure you all know how he felt about that idea!
No comments:
Post a Comment