Friday, November 9, 2007
This is the Day
The other day I was in the shower while Adley was napping and Jaylyn was playing in the bathroom. (For some reason, that is her favorite place to play.) I hear her humming the tune to "This is the Day". She was humming it so happily and I could hear our swiffer moving across the floor. She was cheerfully working away on our bathroom floor. How I wish I could have that same cheerfulness when I am cleaning! Well, let that be a lesson for all of us to remember that even while we are cleaning, this is the day that the Lord has made! Let us rejoice and be glad in it! (Psalm 118:24) (I like to look up verses in The Message for a new perspective some times. Here is its paraphrase of the verse - This is the very day GOD acted--let's celebrate and be festive!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment