Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Old Friends

I was so excited to have my friend Mitzi, from the good 'ol days come up and visit. Being a small world and all, she and her husband are actually good friends with some of our church staff too. So, that makes it nice for them to come up and get to take care of more than one friend at a time. :) They were living in Korea for a while and for the last year have been in Olney, IL where Travis is a pastor. While Travis went to help with our church youth retreat this past weekend, I was able to have MITZI TIME! Not only are we friends, but it seems we like to participate in major life milestones together. We were married within a couple weeks of each other. We have had both of our children within 3 months of each other. Mitzi had Abigail 3 months before I had Jaylyn. I had Adley 3 months before they had Josiah. We will see if this is a continuing trend. :) Anyway, our girls really haven't seen each other since they were babies and we were looking forward to letting them play together. They played sooo well together. Of course, by the end they were starting to get a little whiny. But, we were just amazed that they were having such a good time without any parent mediation needed. That is always a bonus. We were able to spend a little time with Travis on Saturday night and Sunday after the youth had all returned from their retreat. (which I hear was a great time!) Mitzi also got to come to the 30th birthday party our family threw for me and T.J. (more coming on that. . .) It was like the good 'ol days again when me and Mitzi and TJ would get together for our birthdays. Of course, Mitzi and I had been doing that together before TJ was in the picture. It mostly involved shopping before that. :) Mitzi is Oct. 29, T.J. is Oct. 31st and I am Nov. 4th. Anyway, God is always doing amazing things in their lives so it is great to find encouragement in them and hopefully be encouraging to them too. Here are some pictures of the kids playing.

Jaylyn and Abigail comparing the flowers on their jeans .

Look out! We were having visions of what these two girls could be like at 16!

Adley was really trying to get some good squeezes from her new friend, Josiah.

Girls playing at the party.

Jaylyn loves babies and who could resist this adorable chunky boy!

No comments: