Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Here are some pics from our day before Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving from crazy hair girl!
Jaylyn helping me make our favorite Pumpkin Cookies. She loves cooking and usually says that is what she wants to be when she grows up - a cooker! These cookies were first made by my Aunt Cheryl and my mom. They are yummy. Definitely bad for you just in case you wondered.
Last year, I was much more together and did a thankfulness tree on our table in November. You can see last year's post here. But, as I have previously stated, being in the first trimester, I am not so ambitious. So, here is my last minute effort to still encourage thankfulness. At our MOPS meeting, we had a craft (which by the way turned out to be one of those things that had something go wrong at every turn but thankfully turned out fine and yes I'm glad it's over!!!) Anyway, we bought clearance placemats and painted them with chalkboard paint. Then let the moms decorate them. We had tinted chalkboard paint they could stamp or we had foam stickers they could use. They were cute. We suggested they use them in November and have family members take turn each night with their placemat and draw or write things they were thankful for. (They, of course, can be used in anyway you want, but it was our November meeting. Ha!) Anyway, I haven't even had the energy to pull it out so tonight, the night before, I pulled it out and the girls had fun drawing things they were thankful for. Okay, Adley just had fun drawing.
Chalkboard placemat with tinted paint stamped leaves.
Jaylyn's turn.
Adley's turn.
This is fun!
I thought is was funny that Ms. Sheila was privileged to be on the same drawing as God. (He is the big One. HA!)
Happy Thanksgiving from crazy hair girl!
Jaylyn helping me make our favorite Pumpkin Cookies. She loves cooking and usually says that is what she wants to be when she grows up - a cooker! These cookies were first made by my Aunt Cheryl and my mom. They are yummy. Definitely bad for you just in case you wondered.Last year, I was much more together and did a thankfulness tree on our table in November. You can see last year's post here. But, as I have previously stated, being in the first trimester, I am not so ambitious. So, here is my last minute effort to still encourage thankfulness. At our MOPS meeting, we had a craft (which by the way turned out to be one of those things that had something go wrong at every turn but thankfully turned out fine and yes I'm glad it's over!!!) Anyway, we bought clearance placemats and painted them with chalkboard paint. Then let the moms decorate them. We had tinted chalkboard paint they could stamp or we had foam stickers they could use. They were cute. We suggested they use them in November and have family members take turn each night with their placemat and draw or write things they were thankful for. (They, of course, can be used in anyway you want, but it was our November meeting. Ha!) Anyway, I haven't even had the energy to pull it out so tonight, the night before, I pulled it out and the girls had fun drawing things they were thankful for. Okay, Adley just had fun drawing.
Chalkboard placemat with tinted paint stamped leaves.
Jaylyn's turn.
Adley's turn.
This is fun!
I thought is was funny that Ms. Sheila was privileged to be on the same drawing as God. (He is the big One. HA!)So, it turned out well and they would only stop drawing after I offered a pumpkin cookie. So, Give Thanks!
2 comments:
You guys are having way to much fun the day before Thanksgiving! You are more ambitious than me! I can't wait to taste those awesome pumkin cookies that Jaylyn made! Love you all
Nana
Jaylyn looks so grown up in her apron. Too cute! We were so glad that your parents also made pumpkin cookies to share with us on Thanksgiving Day. We missed you guys...but at least we had pumpkin cookies! :)
Amber
Post a Comment