Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas Recap - Part Four

Christmas cookies was another favorite event this year. We made a lot because we wanted to deliver some to our neighbors. And of course, we needed to make a lot because Jaylyn LOVES to cook. She wants to be a "cooker" when she grows up, you know. :) We tried out the famous Frankie Stanley sugar cookies (a lady in our church who makes great cookies that were even included in our church's great Christmas program this year) and a new recipe from Family Circle (Holiday Tree Cookies). Then, while the girls were sleeping I made some of our favorite Oreo Truffles and some new Sensational Chocolate Truffles from Kraft Foods. We had a great time mixing and rolling and cutting and decorating AND EATING! We also enjoyed visiting our neighbors and will definitely plan to do that again. I forgot to get a picture of our gift cookie plates. I have lots of pictures of the making. . .

Stir it up!

Roll it out.

Rolling, rolling, rolling.

Me too! (Adley joined us after her nap.)

We didn't use her dough. :)
We love cookies.

I love seeing little hands at work.

Adley working hard.

I scooped it!

Actually, Adley's favorite part was wiping the flour around with a paper towel.
She is in to "cleaning up".
More wiping.

She doesn't look excited here, but her favorite part was eating some dough.

Adley discovered she could eat it too.

Making the holiday trees. They were kind of tricky.

This is how I found Adley on the table after we were finished decorating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priceless pictures! I'm sure they were the best pictures ever!

Love
Nana