This past Saturday we had a combined party for Jaylyn and Adley. It was a nice family party and the girls really enjoyed themselves. Here are some pics of the event. . .
The Cakes
*Special thanks to my wonderful Cake helper, Amber! I couldn't have done it without you!
Adley had Winnie the Pooh. This was a chocolate cake.
She was happy to hear everyone singing!
Her cake "pose".
Oh, Yum! (Actually she asked for cake and then decided she didn't want any. )
Jaylyn had a Barbie Cake. Those are definitely tricky. We mixed a strawberry cake mix with a yellow cake mix.
Jaylyn is not usually as excited about everyone singing to her and staring at her. I guess it helped that they were singing to Adley too.
She loved her Barbie cake.The Food
The food. Instead of making it all, we just ordered P'sghetti's. Yum!
Jaylyn and Malaine enjoying their lunch.The Fun

My mother-in-law found the birthday supplies/decorations on clearance last year! So, we had all kinds of fun stuff to use for the two themes. Adley especially enjoyed the Pooh Bear photo op. She kept wanting to go stick her head through the hole.
Jaylyn too! We got a lot of the little ones to get a picture there. Although, baby Elijah was not excited about this big banner in his face! The kids also had a fun timing playing and running together.The Gifts
Well, all of these gifts certainly aren't necessary and I'm not sure where they will all go. But, we are thankful for such sweet family that are very generous. The girls have been enjoying every last one of their gifts. They are even excited about money. We haven't really done much money talk with Jaylyn yet, but will use this opportunity to start teaching her about some money management. We were also blessed with some very appreciated savngs bonds that the girls will also really appreciate one day. Clothes was also a big hit. They have been wearing everything new and loving it. Adley woke up Sunday with a fever - AGAIN, so she was very disappointed she couldn't wear one of her new dresses like Jaylyn. And, as for Uncle Ray and Aunt Judy's gift, I have actually heard Jaylyn mention Chuck E. Cheese. (Way to go me for talking about Chuck E. Cheese on my blog after someone bought them Gift Cards there for their birthdays! Ha!) I have a plan to deal with Chuck E. when we decide to go and I think Jaylyn will be good with it. They really do enjoy going there. So, no worries! :)
Hooray, a parachute. The kids even had fun playing with it later.
A globe. Jaylyn is playing with this as I type.
The horsie! Adley fell in love with this and kept wanting to get on.
Notice that we eventually had to leave her on the horse and just let her open gifts while riding the horsie.
Adley excited about her cards. The first card she opened happened to have money in it. So, the next card she opened didn't have any, which she replied, "Uh oh!"
Another big hit - a car. They absolutely love these cars and having been driving it around the house since the party.Thank you all for celebrating with us these wonderful girls that God has blessed us with.

3 comments:
Thanks for sharing these Amy. I've been waiting to see them Of course, I love looking at pictures of my beautiful girls. I love the "cake pose" on Adley - priceless! Sure hope she is feeling better. Give them both a kiss of me.
Love
Nana
The party was so much fun! I can't believe that Adley didn't want to eat any cake after she begged and begged all morning...that silly girl!
Well I am curious what the plan is for Chuck E. Don't try to kill him off or anything, my kids like him! ;0)
Post a Comment