Saturday, January 17, 2009

Peanut Butter Cup Fans May Now Drool

The girls and I tried out a new cookie recipe tonight. They are called "Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies". And yes, I love Peanut Butter Cups, so what could be better than a cookie with peanut butter cups! The girls put on their new aprons from Aunt Susan. They are adorable! I also have a matching one. And, after Jaylyn asked 100 times when it was time to lick the spoon, the dough was ready. And we got them in the oven. Then we tried them and they are delicious. I got the recipe from Allrecipes.com. The rating on there was 5 out of 5 by 453 members. That is a good rating for sure. I included the recipe at the bottom.

Stir it up!

We're making cookies!

Adley was definitely enjoying herself.

Enjoying their long-awaited cookie dough.

The finished product. Yum!

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
Yields: 36 servings

Ingredients:
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 Cup creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips
10 chocolate covered peanut butter cups, cut into eighths

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa, and baking soda; stir into the peanut butter mixture. Mix in the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, and peanut butter cups. (Jaylyn would add here - lick all of the peanut butter off of the peanut butter cup wrappers.) Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 1 or 2 minutes on sheet before removing, or they will fall apart.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum, Yum - awesome cookies made by two adorable girls. They look great - I will have to try one (after my stomach gets back to normal!!!)

Love ya
Nana

Anonymous said...

The cookies look yummy! Their aprons look awfully cute when paired with such sweet faces!

Amber

Shannon said...

WHAT, you are eating Peanut Butter!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe, just kidding! ;0) Love the aprons, very cute. Someday I will open up my sewing machine box....