Friday, June 12, 2009

Yes, I am still waiting. . .

Still waiting on Leighton. I guess she is taking after her sisters. Yes, I do have 3 more days before I am due, but who says I can't have one child that is early? Well, apparently, I can't. :) And I am much less patient this time for some reason. I have been getting on Jaylyn for being so impatient about everything lately, and I think I am not doing so well myself. Especially when I was supposed to have my doctor appointment this past Tuesday. But, he wasn't in the office that day so it was moved to Friday (today). And then the phone rings and I just know it is them calling to cancel on me! And it was them. . . but they were just moving it back to 3:00! Ugh! So, I am trying to switch my thinking and keep dwelling on some positive things like. . .
*Having some good quiet times (these may not be as easy once this baby arrives)
*Adley has been very sweet and cuddly lately. I know we won't get to enjoy those sweet moments as easily once she is mad at us for holding the baby instead of her. :)
*I don't have to get up for middle of the night feedings right now, so I can get more sleep. Yes, I have to get up to pee, but I can pretty much do that without really waking up. ha!
*It was just a year ago this June that we lost a baby and God has already blessed us with another child. Many lose so many babies and/or never get pregnant. We are blessed and I should be fine with waiting a few more days to hold her when many wait for years to hold just one.
*Remembering how patient God is with me. . . surely I can wait on His timing.

So, soon enough, we will be holding our sweet new baby girl. When will it be???

1 comment:

sarah said...

praying for you...Faith was 3 days late but I was anticipating her early I was soooo VERY big. So I know the lesson in patience. I will be praying.