And, just in case you adults would like a new lunch recipe, here is what I ate:
Gourmet Deli Turkey Wrap from Light and Tasty2 Tbsp. water
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar (I think I just had cider vinegar)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp. pepper
3/4 lb. sliced deli turkey
6 flour tortillas (8-in) room temperature
4 cups spring mix salad greens
2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
6 Tbsp. crumbled blue cheese (I just had crumbled Feta which worked.)
6 Tbsp. dried cranberries
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the water, vinegar, oil and pepper; shake well. Divide turkey among tortillas; top with salad greens, pears, cheese, cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with dressing. Roll up tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Serve immediately. Makes 6 servings.
Well, of course I did not make all 6 servings - just made one wrap for me. The dressing I made a couple days ago when I had this wrap for lunch so I still had plenty for more wraps. I just used one pear and put slices on and divided the rest of the pear up for the girl's tins. So, it is pretty quick to whip up and eat. Yes, sometimes it is just the little things to help brighten your day. And a cherry coke!


2 comments:
Awww - what a great Mama you are - so creative! I absolutley love this idea! Maybe I will try it with Poppy (haaaaaa)
Love ya
Nana
Hello:
Do you make all this good food from out of the blue. Maybe you should start a cookbook.
Thanks have a good day
robt
Post a Comment