Thursday, August 27, 2009

First Day of KINDERGARTEN!!!!

Wow! The time has actually arrived. Jaylyn has started Kindergarten. As many of you have experienced, it seems so far away, and then suddenly, it is HERE! And the exciting part is that we have prayed and decided to homeschool. There are many reasons why we made this decision which could be a whole other post. But, I loved being a part of Jaylyn's first day of school as she begins on this road to learning. Since we had just arrived home from Colorado and I did just have a baby 8 1/2 weeks ago, I didn't get to plan a whole lot of super first day exciting activities. But, we managed a few.

Here is Kindergartener, Jaylyn! She wanted to pose in front of her sign. She is wearing her "Kindergarten ROCKS!" shirt passed on by cousin, Malaine.

I gave her a choice for a special breakfast. I would make whatever she wanted, (which would be special because I am not a morning person and rarely "fix" breakfast), or we could walk to Casey's and get a doughnut!(nice and nutritious kindergarten breakfast) She chose the doughnut. :) And for some reason, both girls now need them cut and eat them with a fork so their fingers won't get sticky. What is up with that???

We had a lot of fun learning, but we also made some cookies. Obviously, we did not have a health and nutrition lesson today. Ha! And, they were the gooey butter cookies which are totally addictive. Just a warning if you ever decide to make them. You will not be able to stop inhaling, uh, I mean eating them.

She loves to bake!

She also got to pick a "friend" to bring to do school with her. She picked her horse. :)

Hooray for Kindergarten. We are having a blast!

This is a random picture to show you these cool sandwich cutters from Walmart. I have had the Pampered Chef circle cutter/press which are fun for cutting crusts and having a circle sandwich. My friend Mitzi told me about the Dinosaur cutter at Walmart. And now, Walmart has the butterfly shape. It cuts the butterfly shape, but also cuts the sandwich in half. Perfect for girls, don't you think?? Very cute! I had to add the carrot antennae too.

2 comments:

The Hickels said...

Saw several sandwich cutters at the Dollar Tree on Telegraph today and almost got them. After seeing this, I might need to go back and get them. I loved that they cut a shape, removed all crust, and cut them in half all at once.

Anonymous said...

How fun! FYI - I usually cut up my donuts before I eat them toooo -tastes better that way! However, I don't eat them with a fork so you can't blame Nana for that one!!! LOL

Go Jaylyn!