Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pre-Christmas Snapshots

Here are some random happenings before Christmas. . .

Playtime - What a BIG baby

Baby wants milk

I finally added to the other wall of our "message center" area.
The other side is the chalkboard/magnet wall we did.

I took two bulletin boards from the dollar section at Target,
painted the frames and added some burlap-like material.

Next, these home-made dry-erase calendars are big on blog tutorials now. Basically, I took two frames from a dollar store, painted the frames, drew a grid with permanent marker on the back, on the front you can add numbers and the month with a dry-erase marker to change each month and write in your activities. I used the same burlap-like material as a backdrop under the frame. It was fun to make and is very handy to have!

I did finally finish the Shepherd pouches mentioned in a previous post. These were a hit and I'm sure we will continue this next year instead of a stocking. Jaylyn and Adley worked through December to earn quarters for their pouch. Then, Christmas Eve, we placed our pouches by the manger as our gifts to Baby Jesus. The girls decided to put their money together to purchase mosquito nets through Samaritan's Purse. This is what their site says about the mosquito nets:
"Over a million people, most of them children under 5, die of malaria each year. A $10 bed net treated with a natural insecticide can kill disease-carrying mosquitoes, keeping little ones safe and healthy. We also train and equip church workers to educate their communities about how to properly prevent and treat malaria."

There are lots of gifts like that through Samaritan's Purse, if anyone is interested. Another great gift option if anyone is looking is to a family from our church that is raising funds to go and serve full time in Lima, Peru helping youth on the street. Ofr course, there were some items in their pouch on Christmas morning as a reminder of the blessing we can receive from giving.

Jaylyn and Malaine had a Christmas Party sleep over. They had lots of fun. Here is their Christmas cookie activity.

Gingerbread House

Craft: Puff Christmas pencil topper.

Annual decorating Grandpa and Grandma Geist's tree. We had a great visit with them.

Nana and the girls enjoying the night.

No comments: