Thursday, February 7, 2008

Sweet Music

Well, my dad was up today and was able to finish off the last little bit of detergent crud from the dishwasher parts and start to put the dishwasher back together. T.J. finished putting the pieces on this evening and for the first time in a looooong time, I was able to hear that beautiful swooshing sound of a dishwasher that actually swooshed water all around! Sweet music to my ears. I think there was also a heavenly light shining down on it with a choir singing, "Hallelujah!". Ok, not really, but it was really a BIG moment. :) Once again, to all of you without a dishwasher, I'm pretty sure you will get an extra jewel in your crown. After a few months, I was starting to get used to constantly standing at the sink with dishpan hands. I can look out from my kitchen window and people-watch at Casey's, you know. I guess I should say it wasn't horrible - good for my character, right? But, there was a dishwasher standing next to me while I scrubbed and soaked, stacked and dried - that once washed my dishes not that long ago. I began to hear it laughing at me while I tried to wash as quickly and efficiently as it can do without all of the crud. That is the moment when you know that you must have that dishwasher back and running NOW! (I think I get a little more dramatic at 1:00 in the morning.) And so, now my dishwasher will laugh no more, but swoosh as it was meant to do, and instead of scrubbing dishes I will go off and. . .try to figure out how to vacuum my carpet because now our vacuum cleaner smells and sounds like it might explode. Sigh.

No comments: