Monday, February 11, 2008

Weekend Part 2

We spent a little while on Saturday enjoying the warmer weather. Of course, by the time Adley had her nap, ate lunch and we all got ready, the temperature was already starting to drop a little. We headed out to Powder Valley Trails and Nature Center. Jaylyn and Adley enjoyed exploring the Nature Center. They do have some neat displays and activities that allow the kids to see nature up close and learn a little about it. The only picture I managed to take was Jaylyn and Adley drawing a picture while they were there. The directions said to color your favorite plant or animal. So, Jaylyn drew "a purple hippo". Ha!

After exploring, we headed out to the trails. The girls started off in a really good mood. Jaylyn was racing up the hills and having a good time. Of course, after we just picked a trail and started walking, we realized we forgot to check which trail was the longer steeper trail. And of course, we were on the longest, steepest one! About halfway through Jaylyn turned into a major whiner! She quickly went from having fun, to, "I can't walk any more! I want to go home! I'm tired! I don't like this! and on and on and on." Then, Adley just started screaming and crying for I don't know what reason. We can't believe we still saw a deer with all of the racket our crew was making! So, I ended up carrying Adley and T.J. pushed Jaylyn in the stroller. I thought we would never get back to the van. So much for trying to enjoy a nice walk!

Earlier in the day, Jaylyn had to try out our new matching aprons to cook together with. She wanted to fix a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. So we BOTH had to wear them so we wouldn't get messy. (and yes, she is fixing her lunch in her pajamas)

No comments: