Monday, December 7, 2009

Jaylyn's First Piano Piece

I'm assuming most of you know I teach piano. But, I haven't really done anything with Jaylyn and piano. She has watched lessons since birth and is always playing on the piano. So, today she was playing around and was playing a few notes. I could tell she was trying to pick out the tune of a song. I guessed a few songs that would start just the same, but I was wrong. She said "Come Thou Fount". I would never have guessed she would try for that song! But, awesome! Anyway, I showed her the rest and she has practiced and practiced and practiced and she is playing it very well. I will still keep it light and fun for her right now. No scheduled lessons yet. Most of the students I have tried really struggle with actually reading music until closer to 3rd grade.

So, for your listening pleasure. . . :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job, Jaylyn! I think that is really neat! Aunt Judy

Amber said...

Beautiful! Keep practicing Jaylyn! You'll have to play for me next time I come to visit!

Anonymous said...

That was fabulous! I can't wait to hear her first concert!!! Keep up the great work jaylyn - you can follow in Mommy's footsteps!

love
Nana