Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Do you hear what I hear?

I had a slightly frustrating, but hilarious conversation with Jaylyn this evening. She heard me leave a phone message for someone named Sheila, which peaked her interest since that is her wonderful preschool teacher's name. So, she was certain that is who I was speaking to. This led us into a conversation about Ms. Sheila's name. I am still a little confused, but it seemed to me that Jaylyn did not comprehend that her name was Sheila with a Ms. in front of it. I guess she has been thinking her name is "Masheila". Or it least that is how it sounded when she kept repeating, "No - It's Masheila!" after I would say, "Ms. Sheila". Only Adley was in the room for this entertaining episode and unfortunately she did not care one bit or find it humorous. Finally, I shared my mommy lesson on good manners and named all of the other people that she knows and says "Ms." in front of their name. She finally let down her defense and it appeared to "click". I believe that this is not the end of the "Do you hear what I hear?" dilemma. We have already faced it once before. Hannah Montana vs. "Hannamatana!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NO wonder she's confused. Look at her family: Mah-laine, Mah-Kenna, Sah-yer, Duh-laynahhhh! Funny stuff. Aunt Judy