Friday, January 4, 2008
Special Moment
Jaylyn’s cousin Malaine came over today after preschool. Excitement has filled their souls! I hope Ms. Sheila was able to handle them today. Well, after lunch and much play time, they decided to have book time. Even Adley joined in. I couldn’t believe it, it was silent for quite a while. Jaylyn happened to be reading one of her Bibles. Finally, out of the silence (except for the musical book buttons Adley was pushing from time to time.) Jaylyn says, “He died on the cross, Lainey.” Without a blink of an eye Malaine says, “I know.” How I pray for both of these girls that the truth of the cross will not just be known in their mind, but in their hearts. Moments like that are very precious. Of course, the next comment was, “OHH! LOOOOK! SNOT!” as she was pointing to Adley’s nose. And then Jaylyn started crying because apparently Malaine wasn’t using the musical book the way Jaylyn wanted her to. But, you learn to hold on to those moments no matter how short they are, and know that God is at work and will carry it out to completion one day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment