Friday, September 19, 2008

Apple Adventure

We went to Eckerts Fun Farm during the Parents as Teachers Free Admission Night. Amber tagged along with our little apple adventure. We had a wonderful time. Have fun taking a peek at our apple adventure. (Yes, I got a little carried away with the blurred edge tool!)

Let's go pick apples!

Looking for that perfect apple.

I see it Dad! Help me reach it!

Look!

Here is another one.

I found one too!

Let's try them out.

Yum!

Yup, this is good.

MMMMMMM

Put them in the bag.

How about another bite?

We have apples - We just have to make apple pie!

Handy Dandy Apple/Peeler/Corer/Slicer!

Someone told me to call the appley peel strings "apple straws" and that kids would love to eat them. There is a lot of nutritious stuff in the peels, you know. Jaylyn is usually a no peels kind of girl, but believe it or not, calling them apple straws seemed to work. She loved them.

Yummy appley, cinnamon goodness!

Let's make a delicious crumbly crust.

Spread it all around. I don't really have the right pie dishes so I guess it won't exactly be "pie".

MMMMMMMM. . . Can you smell it?
I would invite you all over, but I think it will all be gone before you get here.

I hope you enjoyed our apple adventure. We did!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Aw! Your pictures turned out great! I like the close ups of the girls taking such big bites of their apples...you should frame those! Thanks for letting me tag along. It was fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time! What great memories! The pie looks yummie!

Love ya
Nana