Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Evacuation!
For those of you wondering after seeing the news this morning (or last night), we did NOT have to evacuate our house. :) The location with the ammonia leak is 2 miles from our house and the evacuation was only for those in the 1 1/2 mile radius. So, lucky us didn't have to get out. All of the moms at preschool were all talking about it this morning. Many of them did have to evacuate. Some got a knock on their door around midnight, and I saw the fox 2 news truck at Breadeux doing a live feed while I took Jaylyn to school. Wow, Millstadt has hit the news a couple times here recently. All not good things of course. Anyway, it is life as usual at our house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a wild town you live in! There's alot to be said for living in a small town isn't there! (ha ha)I'm glad you guys did not have to evacuate and that my beautiful girls got an undisturbed nights sleep.
Nana
I wondered whether you were included in the evacuation when I heard the news. So glad you got to sleep in your own beds!! Wow, what excitement for Millstadt. You just never know where "news" is going to happen. Seriously, I'm just glad it was something that was easily solved and not more serious.
Much love,
~Cheryl
Post a Comment