Last weekend was the pregnancy center's Life Walk/Run. It was a good turn out with a little bit of light rain. I think this was the first year I remember it raining at all. TJ decided to go for it and run in the 5K. He is always amazing with running. I am just not very good with long distance, even when I am in shape. TJ has been playing soccer some, but not just running. So, he went out one night and ran at least 2 miles. And that was all he did before the run. He finished 3rd in his age category. Actually, they awarded our music minister 3rd place, but TJ did finish about 10 seconds before him. So, Debbie said TJ could be 3rd for the younger half of the category and Mark would be third for the older half. They even had an extra medal for him. Funny. Then TJ showed me up some more by walking the 5K with me and then going home to mow the grass. Go TJ! I think he could easily win the whole thing if he actually trained for it. Although he says that is an overstatement. :)
Anyway, there was a large crowd there to celebrate life and that was exciting. Thank you for those that helped sponsor or walk. Here are a couple fun pictures of the run.

Almost to the finish line.

Mark finishing the race.

Here they are having fun with their 3rd place medals. Mark is squatting down because he finished after TJ. It was very funny.
2 comments:
This is great! I love it! I say congrats to both of them - they did a great job and I am sooooo proud! TJ is amazing in running - he is a very determined guy - always has been! Thanks for all you did in being our liason!
Deb
He even mowed the grass?! Wow! You forgot to mention that you DID push the double stroller for the whole walk. That should count for something!
Post a Comment