We have recently finished "part" of our new Message Center right off our kitchen. It has already been very useful and it has become a fun conversation piece. We have a little "nook" between our kitchen and bathroom where we have always kept a wall calendar and phone. So we decided to use some magnetic paint and chalkboard paint on the wall for messages and notes. Then we added some beadboard to the bottom half of the wall. We still plan to add the beadboard to the other side of the wall and hang our calendar over there also. We also had to get rid of our "old" chime door bell that once hung there. Yes, it added character, but a doorbell that works is a little more important. I will also look forward to not having to yell at Jaylyn for banging the chimes into the wall over and over. :) I really thought I had a good before picture, but I can't find it. So, here is all I have.

The bells no longer toll.

My helper!

Magnetic primer and chalkboard paint up.

Completed project with messages! Jaylyn even added a few.

No comments:
Post a Comment