Friday, July 24, 2009

Good Bye First Tooth

Well, the next afternoon after I posted about her loose tooth (Wednesday), it came out! Jaylyn had spent a lot of time in the bathroom in front of the mirror wiggling that tooth and watching it as it began sticking straight out. She came out one time and said there was a little blood. Then she came out again and there was quite a bit blood and she rinsed her mouth out and let me grab it. I didn't even have to pull, it was pretty much out. She was excited!

So, good thing I quickly sewed that pillow together. :) We went out on Thursday and picked out a scrapbook for her. She found a very glittery, PURPLE, butterfly scrapbook. We plan on putting in pictures of her new smile for every tooth and journal about what tooth and when she lost it, etc. Then, when she leaves her tooth in her pillow, along with her $1, she will also receive a special Bible promise for each tooth she looses. We will journal that Bible promise in her scrapbook too. Her first one is 1 John 1:9 "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." After reading that together when she saw her pillow, she said, "I know that already!" Ha! :)

Here are her new smile pics. . .
Being very silly

It is gone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! Congratulations Jaylyn!

Amanda

Amber said...

I'm so excited that Jaylyn now has a straw hole! What a great idea for the scrapbook too!