Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Loose Tooth

Well, we have now entered the season of loose teeth. I can't believe it, but Jaylyn now has a loose tooth. How sad that she is getting so big so quickly. She is excited, but I know she will not let anyone touch it and we will see how she acts when it is just hanging there needing to be pulled. :) So, I thought just for fun I would try to make a tooth-shaped pillow. I have made a few pillows, but that was way back in Junior High (Only Amber will remember - the "Y!!!!!!!")

So, I pulled out left over material and some stuffing from our Christmas "snow" bag and I think it turned out pretty well. Don't look too closely at my stitch work on the pocket. Eek! I definitely need to work on that. :)

Material from their dresses and some ric-rac. I liked the idea of having the ric-rac strap to hang it on her bed post or something.

Her smile includes pushing her loose bottom tooth out so you can see it leaning. :)

And just for fun, Leighton after her bath in a duck towel.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Amy, when Jaylen's tooth gets to the point that it's just hanging by a thread, get some thread! make a loop around the tooth at the bottom (just the loop you make to start for a bow) and then just pull the two ends. and pop goes the tooth! it comes out soo easy, and no one has to touch it!

Shannon said...

Very smart to have a pillow to hang, on the door would be smart. I think about that all the time but by the time I actually go to do anything, it is time to hide a tooth! And sneaking in a room with sleeping children is not my favorite thing to do. I can't believe Jaylyn has a loose tooth already either!

Amber said...

The Y!!!! HA! That made me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Jaylyn...that is very grown-up of her. I can't believe she is already heading into Kindergarten. You are very talented and creative. I love the pillow.

Anonymous said...

Think you did a great job on the pillow - making it fun for her will help I'm sure! You're such a great MOM!

Love
Nana