Friday, July 31, 2009

Never Enough Time For All the Fun

The girls are always wanting to do something fun!! They got these cute princess cook books from cousin Angela and often want to make something from it. We are usually missing an ingredient or two. So, the last trip to get groceries, I made sure Jaylyn picked out a couple recipes and I made sure I had the ingredients. But, we keep running out of time! :) Because you can't just whip up a quick recipe. There are two "princesses" who have to do it all. And that actually means making it take three times as long. So, here are some pics from when we finally got around to making some butterfly cookies.

Yes, they are in their pj's.
Yes, their hair is wet from taking a bath.
Yes, it is way after their bed time.
Yes, they are icing the cookies and decorating them with lots of sugar sprinkles.
Yes, they ate these sugar cookies, covered in sugar right before they went bed. :)
Yes, we did brush their teeth after eating these and before bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are some BIG cookies and some CUTE girls! Where was Leighton - she would have loved the icing! LOL

Love Nana

The Hickels said...

What fun! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only mom with good intentions that finds little bumps along the way...like missing ingredients & late nights. :) Looks like they enjoyed the fruits of their labors.

Amber said...

Yummy! Did they have visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads after this fun night?